Welcome to my website. I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews in Scotland. Please browse the links to find out more about me and what I do, or take a look at my papers. Or here are some ways to contact me.
Frequently asked questions
How can I get hold of your papers?
Why are you ignoring my e-mails?
Will you give me <sensitive datum x> from the experimental data described in your paper?
Can I have a blurb about you for a seminar/grant/GeoCities site about computer scientists whose names start with ‘T’?
Will you give me a reference?
I am an undergraduate student who wants to do a summer internship with you. Will you fund me?
I want to study Computer Science at St Andrews. Can you give me a place?
I would like to do a PhD with you. Can you give me a place?
I would like to do a postdoc with you. Can you give me a position?
Can you fix my computer?
News, notices and so forth
- We are running a summer school on reproducibility and methodology in CS research…
- Our special issue of the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies on Privacy Methodologies in HCI is out!
- Congratulations to my student Iain for having one of the hottest papers in the Computer Communications journa…
- I spent yesterday at the Open Data Institute in London at a very interesting workshop about “Human-Data Interaction”…
- We have just started a new SICSA Cybersecurity group for those interested in (cyber)security/privacy/trust/etc…; sign up to the mailing list to keep informed.
- I am always looking for good PhD students – see my research page for more. Funding is sometimes available, but this will typically be advertised through the School. Note that I do not have funding for overseas undergraduate internships – the numerous requests that I receive for these are ignored.
- I am our School’s Undergraduate Admissions Officer. If you are thinking about studying Computer Science at St Andrews, please look at the relevant School web pages and consider visiting us.
- We hold regular SCONE (SCOttish Networking Event) meetings for anyone who is interested in networking and systems. Our next meeting is in Stirling on 13 March. Sign up to the mailing list to find out more.
- I am currently involved with the following events. Please consider submitting something or attending if you can.
- Programme Committee, Mobiquitous 2014, London, UK